Update (01/05): A Reddit consumer claiming to be employed by Samsung has uploaded a set of photographs of Android Oreo on the Galaxy Notice 8. The photographs, which you can see below, show the “about phone” and “software information” internet pages of the Notice 8, exhibiting quite a few update details.
The redditor says that the update was dispatched by Samsung as element of a soak test — a small scale rollout to look at for any probable concerns — but it is not apparent how many handsets it has landed on (or certainly if the individual is a Samsung staff). Regardless, Samsung has evidently pushed out an update to a person, so it ought to be in its final levels.
We just figured out that Samsung was winding down its Galaxy S8 Oreo beta test, which should really be completed in 10 days, and there are murmurs that the final version of the software could strike individuals handsets prior to the conclude of the month. With the software seemingly nearing completion on the Notice 8 also, we could see it arrive all around the exact same time.
We’ll have much more soon, till then, look at out the offered record of changes below, and watch our prior update coverage beneath:
- Update to the keyboard
- Photograph in photo aid
- App-distinct very long push menus from launcher
- Secure folder can be set to remain unlocked till the display screen goes to slumber
- Autofill API aid (with bio-metrics) for all applications, and browser
- Colored media notifications
- Notification classes
- Customization possibilities for notification badges
- Keyboard utilizes gify for gif lookup aid
- Extra edge lighting possibilities
- Means to watch Samsung cloud products only
- Means to backup Samsung secure folder in Samsung cloud
- Bluetooth, significant-top quality audio codecs
- Regulate passwords of Samsung and third-social gathering applications with Samsung move
Previous coverage: Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Notice 8 Android update tracker website page. This website page handles all main U.S. carriers with a brief reference table for just about every and a log with backlinks to even further details. It will be consistently updated with the newest Galaxy Notice 8 update information and facts, but observe that we will not be covering common safety patches in our record.
We suggest you bookmark this website page so you can remain up to date with the very newest updates.
Samsung Galaxy Notice 8 Android update
The Galaxy Notice 8 was released in September, 2017 jogging Android 7.1.1 Nougat and is expected to be a single of the to start with Samsung telephones to acquire Android Oreo. When this will take place we really don’t know, and we cannot draw on the Galaxy Notice 7‘s update timeline for an indicator possibly (it was abandoned prior to it acquired its to start with main update).
The Oreo beta for the Samsung Galaxy S8 should really be wrapping up in January, and the total rollout should really stick to soon after (at minimum in South Korea). The equivalent Galaxy Notice 8 update should not be much too significantly powering.
Galaxy Notice 8 update US
|Samsung Galaxy Notice 8 updates – US||Android 7.1.1||Android 8.|
Verizon Galaxy Notice 8 (SM-N950UZ*AVZW) update:
- November 29, 2017, Verizon delivers some camera UI modifications, a resolve for the KRACK exploit, and the Oct safety updates
- September 15, 2017, Verizon is rolling out a day-a single patch to the Notice 8 to improve GPS signal energy and Swype phrase prediction accuracy.
AT&T Galaxy Notice 8 (SM-N950UZ*AATT) update:
- November 14, 2017, AT&T is rolling out an update that contains network efficiency enhancements, balance advancements, and patches for the KRACK and BlueBorne vulnerabilities.
T-Mobile Galaxy Notice 8 update (SM-N950UZ*ATMB:
- December 22, 2017, T-Mobile rolls out update make N950USQU2BQLA with December safety patches, video clip conferencing advancements, and an update for the carrier’s DIGITS service.
- November 20, 2017, T-Mobile addresses the IMS roaming bug resolve though offering the Oct and November Google safety patches, total with KRACK resolve.
- September 15, 2017, T-Mobile rolls out a working day-a single patch with balance advancements and bug fixes.
Sprint Galaxy Notice 8 update (SM-N950UZ*ASPR):
- November 16, 2017, Sprint updates the Gallery, Reminder, Calendar and Voice Recorder applications, and fixes numerous bugs (together with a Samsung DeX mistake). Wi-Fi calling has also been improved and renamed “Calling As well as.”
- September 15, 2017, Sprint improves GPS accuracy for Google maps and rolls out some balance advancements.
International Samsung Galaxy Notice 8 update (SM-N950F):
- December 12, 2017, Samsung is rolling out a Notice 8 update in Europe which improves the Calendar, Gallery, Reminder, and Voice Recorder applications, addresses a Samsung DeX mistake, and adds the Secure Wi-Fi VPN service.
- November 30, 2017: Samsung is rolling out firmware version N950FXXU1BQK6 that contains the November safety patches (repairing the KRACK Wi-Fi and BlueBorne exploits), safety advancements to Wi-Fi purpose, and enhancements to Calendar, Reminder, Gallery, and Voice Recorder applications.
- September 13, 2017: Samsung is rolling out firmware version N950FXXU1AQI1 with advancements to the camera software and wi-fi charging.
If you have acquired an update we have skipped, strike the comments below or Tip Us!